Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Good Bye Weimar


Good morning Herr Goethe!

The Theaterplatz has already been swept clean, the cafés are, one by one, unlocking their doors, the Ducal Vault will, no doubt, be open to the public today. The sun promises to stay around most of the day. And I am on my way home. I am sad in a way I am usually not when I leave a temporary home. Is this really my last trip to Weimar? For now I will give you a final look from my window over the roof tops behind Heinrich Heine Strasse. The bus leaves in a few minutes and soon the train will carry me to Frankfurt. Tomorrow I will be home again and will tell you about my trip to the cemetery, the interlude at the tea shop, and the thoughts and opinions that remain on my mind.

Until soon.
G.





Location:Weimar

No comments:

Post a Comment